TheBookDisciple

TheBookDisciple

Rescuing Wendy

Rescuing Wendy - Susan Stoker

Rescuing Wendy continues the stories of the Delta Force team finding love. This time, the man who falls hard is Blade! Here are my thoughts:
  • At first, I was SUPER annoyed with Wendy's self deprecation. I get annoyed with heroines who are all like "oh my gosh, why does he like me? I'm ugly/fat/not worth it". I realize that MOST women are like this, but it gets annoying to read about it.
  • However, I did end up liking Wendy and thought she was a really unique character. What she did for her brother was amazing (yet very far fetched).
  • Blade and Wendy had some attraction and I liked that they got to know each other before ever meeting. I'm not sure I fully felt the connection between them, but it didn't ruin the story.
  • The suspense near the end with Wendy's brother Jack was a bit (a lot) over the top. A Delta Force team taking down some bullies? But, whatever, I still liked it! You just have to kind of suspend reality a bit. I know some readers hate that, but its not a deal breaker for me.
  • Jack is a cool kid and his relationship with Wendy really added a lot of awesomeness to the story!

If you like romantic suspense with imperfect heroines (and I don't mean physically imperfect), strong family bonds, and a touch of danger, Rescuing Wendy will be right up your alley!

• POV: 3rd
  • Tears: no
  • Trope: secret identity, military
  • Triggers: none
  • Series/Standalone: stand alone within an interconnected series
  • Cliffhanger: not really, but the book really sets up the next book, Truck and Mary's story, big time!
  • HEA: yes

books by authors like Kaylea Cross, Janie Crouch, Katie Reus...then you will probably like Rescuing Wendy!

Rescuing Wendy